In order to move your address book contacts from webmail.med.unc.edu to Outlook or Outlook Web Access (OWA), you will need to migrate them using these steps.
- Login to the webmail.med.unc.edu using your SOMID.
- Once you have logged in click on the Address Book tab.
- Once you have the Address Book tab open click on the Import/Export link.
- On the import/export screen drop down the export format list and select the Microsoft Outlook CSV option.
- Save the file to your desktop.
- Now close the Import and Export screen and the webmail screen.
- Now open Outlook and click on the File menu -> Import and Export…
(For help configuring Outlook, see the Configuring Outlook 2010 FAQ page)
- In the Wizard screen select the Import from another program or file.
- Select Comma Separated Values (Windows) and click Next
- Navigate to the location of the csv file you exported from webmail and click Next.
- On the next screen select where to import the addresses. Select Contacts from the list. And click on the next button.
- Now click on the Finish button to import the CSV file.
- Now watch the status bar move as your address book is imported into the contacts of your Outlook profile.
- Once all of the addresses have been imported you can click on the Contacts and see all of your addresses. These contacts will also be available in Outlook Web Access (OWA).
Filed under: Exchange